The last month has flown by and we have wrapped up our behavioral model: direct instruction lesson plans and now we are on to the next method of teaching which is the information processing model.
To recap direct instruction...
I thought the idea of a completely teacher-centered lesson was going to be hard to create. I also thought that this type of lesson would not be beneficial to students' learning because they are not actively involved in the lesson. It is NOT a hands-on approach to teaching. Direct instruction is almost completely a lecture based approach to teaching. The main goal of direct instruction is AUTOMATICITY.
>>This refers to working or practicing a task or skill until it is learned completely and can be performed automatically.<<
The process of creating my direct instruction lesson plan was a long one. Many revisions and corrections were made throughout the process before the final product was done. The Direct Instruction Lesson Plan Frame served as my guide throughout this process. I referred back to the frame quite frequently and it helped me a lot. I am very pleased with the final product and how my direct instruction lesson plan turned out.

No comments:
Post a Comment